Wednesday, August 11, 2010

FUN WITH FONTES

Who the heck is Steve Fontes you ask? He is one of the funniest dudes I know and an amazing designer in his own right. Why am I writing about him might be your next question...well, I miss the guy and it's as easy as that. His career path has taken him and his beautiful family down under to the gold coast of Australia. As I thumb through old photos I can't help think about the good times we shared working and traveling together. Mentors mean a lot to me...they are the reason I am who I am today and when it comes to my career as a clothing designer, Mr. Fontes is one of the guys that has helped shape me. Whether it was a boardshort, jacket or hoodie he always encouraged me to push past my comfort zone while reassuring me that I could pull it off no problem. Knowing I crushed it on a design and hearing him say "love your work" made my day. Oh and I think I owe my love for nights in Tokyo to him too. I had planned on making a book for him before he left of all the great pic's with him and the crew...it never really materialized, but I figure this would be the next best thing. So, cheers to you Fonty...all the boys miss you and get ready because we all plan to visit at some point. Cheers!




1 comment: